IFC Risk-Based Index Portfolios
Investing for Catholics' risk-appropriate index portfolios
enable individuals and institutions to invest according
to their own unique risk capacity as measured by a risk
capacity score. Each index portfolio is implemented
with risk-appropriate blends of low-cost passively
managed mutual funds. The IFC Risk-Based Index
Portfolios provide substantial global diversification with
investments in as many as 9,000 companies in more
than 40 countries throughout the world.
IFC Index Portfolio
Data from Morningstar®
The Stock Funds Included in the IFC Catholic Value Index Portfolios are Screened to Exclude Companies that:
- Earn at least 20% of their total annual revenue through the production and/or sale of conventional or nuclear weapons, their weapon systems, or critical components of these products, or the provision of weapon systems support and service.
- Are engaged in certain for profit business activities in or with the Republic of the Sudan.
- Earn at least 15% of their total annual revenue through the production and/or sale of tobacco or alcohol products, or key products or raw materials necessary for their production.
- Earn at least 20% of their total annual revenue from certain gambling activities, the production of goods used exclusively for gambling, or the provision of certain services in casinos that are fundamental to gambling operations.
- Directly participate in abortions, or develop or manufacture abortive agents or contraceptives.
- Earn at least 15% of their total annual revenue from the rental, sale, distribution or production of pornographic materials, or the ownership or operation of adult entertainment establishments.
- Are involved in the production or manufacture of landmines, cluster munitions, or the essential components of these products.
- Have had major recent controversies relating to child labor infractions in the U.S. or abroad
- Are involved in stem cell research.
For more information see Socially Responsible Investing at dimensional.com.