IFC Target Retirement Index Portfolios
Target Date Index Portfolios are appropriate investments for investors of all ages because they provide a risk appropriate one-step solution. They are designed to be a buy-and-hold, lifetime investment. This means that this target date investment strategy is to be held through all kinds of market conditions, no matter how bad or good they appear to be. Investors only need to select the target date that is closest to the year they plan to retire. These strategies enable investors to invest in a risk reducing series of globally diversified asset allocations of stocks and bonds that is appropriate for them. The portfolios automatically reduce their allocations to stocks over time. IFC implements the index portfolios by selecting and monitoring lower-cost passively managed funds.
The Stock Funds Included in the IFC Catholic Value Index Portfolios are Screened to Exclude Companies that:
- Earn at least 20% of their total annual revenue through the production and/or sale of conventional or nuclear weapons, their weapon systems, or critical components of these products, or the provision of weapon systems support and service.
- Are engaged in certain for profit business activities in or with the Republic of the Sudan.
- Earn at least 15% of their total annual revenue through the production and/or sale of tobacco or alcohol products, or key products or raw materials necessary for their production.
- Earn at least 20% of their total annual revenue from certain gambling activities, the production of goods used exclusively for gambling, or the provision of certain services in casinos that are fundamental to gambling operations.
- Directly participate in abortions, or develop or manufacture abortive agents or contraceptives.
- Earn at least 15% of their total annual revenue from the rental, sale, distribution or production of pornographic materials, or the ownership or operation of adult entertainment establishments.
- Are involved in the production or manufacture of landmines, cluster munitions, or the essential components of these products.
- Have had major recent controversies relating to child labor infractions in the U.S. or abroad
- Are involved in stem cell research.